Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

What have you done for me lately?

I just had that song in my head, but I guess it seemed appropriate.

I have not written in over two weeks.  I have not wanted to speak.  First it was for reasons I'd rather not go into, but second I just have this pit in my stomach and I figured I'd write about it and get it out and then move on like I always do.

I have not gone into politics on here yet, and I don't "like" politics.  I think, like many people, politicians are big headed buffoons who spend lots of money needlessly and tell us they're doing it for our own good.  They don't take the time to cut any costs, and they take out loans from China that our children will have to pay for.  It makes me sick, really.  I don't care if you're a Democrat or Republican...they all spend too much money.  Money doesn't fix everything.

I want a bunch of men who go to Washington to repeal all the bills that the previous men put into place and streamline the whole deal.  Yes, lots of government workers will loose jobs, but guess what?  If they actually cut taxes the smart businessmen will create more businesses and provide more BETTER jobs for those ex-government workers.  I know I'm dreaming, but I'm just getting this off of my chest.

Didn't Kennedy say, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country!"  He was a good old fashioned Democrat, and he would be ashamed at our sorry state of affairs.  Everyone seems to be falling for the carrot dangling in front of our nose by "our country".  It doesn't matter if it's medical care, schooling, jobs, food safety, airline safety, etc.  Heck let the government give us some new houses!  Wait, they do that too.  It's crazy.  They want us dependent on them.  They give give give and we take take take.  Thank you, sir, may I have another?  It will only get worse from here.

The last "straw" for me (this month) has been the new TSA "naked" body scanners and "gropings".  Yes, I know I'm exaggerating (a little) but really?  Yes, I know every person there is not a pervert, but what about the guys who are?  And, honestly, does it matter?  I really don't want my kids going through them.  I'm sorry if you have made your decision that you will or have already.  I'm sorry if you're angry with me that I will choose not to comply.  I don't want to teach my children that they are merely cattle, because they are not.  I will not let strangers touch my children in places that I don't.  I know people are upset with us for our decisions and we have even been told to stop whining about it, and I realize it's because they feel guilty that they have submitted to it or plan to take their wives and their children and themselves to submit for the sake of "safe flying".  It's OK if you do that, but I just won't.  It's too upsetting to me.

If you choose to not follow me because I wrote this, I understand.  I know I am not in the norm, I don't go with the flow.  I'll try to leave politics alone for the most part, remember I'm just upset and had to get this off of my chest. 

I'll do what I do.  Feed the chickens, milk the goats, feed my family, go to church, try to pray.  That is the job that God gave me.  I have a great job and I would not trade it for the world.

1 comment:

New Chapters Big Adventures said...

These recent issues have been so difficult to process. TSA, Food Modernization..... it's so upsetting because they are just steps toward the total release of our personal freedoms and privacy. I feel like I shouldn't rebel against these, but at what point DO we finally say, "OK, I have to not comply?" The "world" can be such a seductive and deceptive place, and it is our job as mothers to do whatever our hearts are telling us we must to protect and prepare our children. I commend you for staying grounded. Stick to what you believe in and continue to hear the quiet voice of GOD.