Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Is your refrigerator running? You'd better go and catch it.

When it rains it pours, right?  I have heard that appliances are like celebrities, they die in 3s.  Hopefully this is my 3rd and we're done for a while.

1.) dryer sort-of-died in July or August.  Finally got a donated one from a friend so we actually replaced it.
2.) kitchen faucet in September.  Yes I'm going to consider this an appliance for sanity sake, you really need a faucet you know and they are NOT cheap.
3.) refrigerator yesterday some time.  Instead of doing anything about it I'm writing a blog post because it's a bit overwhelming and it needs time to settle in my little head.

At the moment I have the cutest little "slave" filling a box to put outside on our back porch which God has set at at balmy 4o degrees or so.  Very kind of Him to make it just the right temp so we don't have to go back and forth to the garage for every little thing today.  Remember the test I was speaking of last night?  Well, I'd better consider myself very grateful.  I just now realized first hand that writing is very good for the soul because if I had not written this I don't think I would be feeling this way.

  I really love those new shiny refrigerators they have at the store, but really don't love the price.  I think I'll look on craigslist and alert my hubby as to the fact we'll have to spend some serious cash VERY SOON.
Not my kid or fridge.

3 comments:

Laurie Constantino said...

Hi Anna! Love your blog (and your yellow house). I do know Vash, she used to go to my church (Holy Transfiguration Greek Orthodox Church in Anchorage) before she started going out in the valley. She's a really nice lady, her husband and son are really great too. You can email me at tasteslikehome[at]hotmail[dot]com
Looking forward to hearing from you! Laurie

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can so relate to this post! We have an old house that is constantly surprising us with various leaks and cracks and plumbing fiascos. We have to keep our sense of humor to keep from screaming in frustration! : ) Yours is a joyful and uplifting blog! Thank you for commenting on my blog and thereby allowing me to visit yours!

Peace to you and your lovely family!

Molly

AKmamaOf7 said...

Thank you so much to you both! I feel honored that you both visited. Two Orthodox women book writers, what a treat!!!

Laurie, I will email you soon.

Molly, my brother-in-law suggested a repair man (DUH) and we discovered a very nice man with his own business who was happy to fix our fridge for a great price. $200 was much better than $2000 and we didn’t have to go through moving out and then in a giant refrigerator! God surely does work in mysterious ways. I wanted to thank you too, for the video that you (or someone) made that I posted last month. I LOVE it so much it hits home and I felt this was something that may just be able to explain to my non-Orthodox friends what we believe, because it’s so hard to explain and it’s not usually worth trying. My mom got me your book last year but I’m embarrassed to say that I have not read it. I’m not a bit reader and if I do read it’s about goat keeping, or how to build a shed or fence or shelving, etc… I know I’ll enjoy it if I take the time, my mom really loved it.