Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Crazy food retards

This kind of talk drives me crazy.

I just don't get people who really think that the fat in milk or meat is actually bad for you. I know that that's what they have been thinking and now they are starting to realize they were wrong, but they can't wrap their heads around it.

It's not the article that drives me nuts is how we look to the TV and news to tell us what's healthy or unhealthy for us on a day-to-day basis. It was my good friends Shelley and Steph that woke me up to the fact that lard has a good place and hydrogenated vegetable oil really does not.

After that thought realization last year everything; the world; our food makes more sense to me now.

What foods are healthy, etc? How's about we make, grow and kill our own food and then we don't have to worry about weather a certain fat is bad for us or a carbohydrate is bad for us, etc.

Everything in moderation, right? (Wait, I thought I didn't know the meaning of that word...) Well perhaps I do. It does not mean I put it into practice, but to me common sense plays a big part in food intake. If I eat a bunch of junk from the store I'll get fat and be unhealthy...do I really need a scientist to tell me that?


No comments: