Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Anna! Get a grip!

(Yes, Hannah, I got that from you...)

I have absolutely no time to post this, but I'll just say a quick THANKS to Granny Miller who I'm trying not to idolize but it's kinda difficult. She's amazing, just amazing. She's done the things I want to do and what's more is she takes the time to teach silly people like me how to do them. I have poured over her site in the last 2 or 3 weeks and I still have a ton to read. I like her just as much (or more) than Backwoods Home, which is also really awesome.

If you follow the link you'll see she listed me on her "Stylish Blogger Award" list today for no apparent reason. I'm flattered to say the least. I don't have time to play the game and give my awards today, since my sis and bro-in-law are over for the last day of MEAT before Lent begins. Yes, we're having a meat fest and my sister will be canning her beans (for use during Lent) while she's here.

I'll have to do my list tomorrow, but I have a whopping 13 followers, so I'm not too concerned about getting it done ASAP.

Have a great Sunday all, we're all snug in here with the good things in life: our wood fire, coffee, beer, meat and good company.





5 comments:

Carol G said...

Congratulations. I hope you are enjoying your last day of meat with lots of good stuff to eat. I just noticed on your sideboard all that you do on your one acre. That is encouraging. We just moved to AK and have a little over an acre. We want to do many of those things too.

Unknown said...

Hey, what's the "get a grip" part??

AKmamaOf7 said...

Carol, thanks! It's been fun, we're eating some of our friend's deer meat he gave us and some chicken wings my sister brought from when we raised meat chickens together. Along with moose lasagna and pepperoni from the store. :) It's so much fun to eat what we shot or grew, I could never have imagined the satisfaction we get out of it.

Hillary, seriously, I need to get a grip because I was so excited!

LindaM said...

Congratulations on your award! I am enjoying your blog. You do a lot with so little.

Ser said...

Love you and your blog, Anna. I'm so glad you started it because I feel like I'm getting re-acquainted with you after 10 or so years. Congratulations again!